Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holy Island rover.

Go down 
+2
Kev
wayne mcgill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty30th May 2008, 11:34 pm

Well, me and my Pa are going to recce some likely spots on Sunday, and i know Sam has been putting the feelers out on another forum, for ideas of where to fish.

Where is everyone else thinking of ???

Is anyone brave enough to let the cat out of the bag before the event ???
Back to top Go down
JAWS!

JAWS!

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty31st May 2008, 9:08 am

Well then Kevin.... I dont no if i should be telling u this but as its u i will let u into a little secret bounce ........im going to be fishing somewere on anglesey and somewere as far away from u as possible lol! lol! .. champions of EUROPE PAL!!
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty31st May 2008, 9:49 pm

Me and the bro are having a recce on the boat 2moz so you better watch out next wk-end, all the good spots will be taken Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty1st June 2008, 3:03 pm

Kev wrote:
Well, me and my Pa are going to recce some likely spots on Sunday, and i know Sam has been putting the feelers out on another forum, for ideas of where to fish.

Where is everyone else thinking of ???

Is anyone brave enough to let the cat out of the bag before the event ???

You havent been walking down any public footpaths have you kevin? Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty1st June 2008, 7:43 pm

Only the ones on the left past the beaches. scratch jocolor
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgill
Serial Blanker
wayne mcgill

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: rover   Holy Island rover. Empty4th June 2008, 7:25 pm

wont be fishing the rover got a match at borth an dont like killing fish i cant eat like wrasse,corkwings wouldnt make a fish finger lol! good luck lads an have a good one.
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty4th June 2008, 8:01 pm

Good luck at Borth.

Is that the second qualifier?
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgill
Serial Blanker
wayne mcgill

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty4th June 2008, 8:07 pm

Kev wrote:
Good luck at Borth.

Is that the second qualifier?
yes kev its the second one i practiced it last week with pete loads of small turbot an flounder il do a post on sunday.
Back to top Go down
gary

gary

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty4th June 2008, 8:39 pm

Best of luck @ Borth Wayne, hope it fishes well for you.
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgill
Serial Blanker
wayne mcgill

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty4th June 2008, 9:03 pm

gary wrote:
Best of luck @ Borth Wayne, hope it fishes well for you.
cheers gary mate
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty5th June 2008, 7:41 am

Good luck Wayne Wink
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty5th June 2008, 5:18 pm

Just realised were fishing over low! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
So there goes plan A
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty6th June 2008, 7:10 am

samfishing wrote:
Just realised were fishing over low! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
So there goes plan A
Plan A must of been the breakwater then Sam.There wont be a lot water there Razz
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty6th June 2008, 6:20 pm

DAN wrote:
samfishing wrote:
So there goes plan A
Plan A must of been the breakwater then Sam.There wont be a lot water there Razz
Spot on Dan Sad But there again i might still give it a go.... No pain no gain!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty6th June 2008, 7:56 pm

I suppose there will be a bit of water at the end, although i've never fished it over low,it's worth a bash Very Happy
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty8th June 2008, 7:37 pm

Here’s a quick report of my day at the 3rd leg of this year’s summer league, Holy Island rover 5.30pm till 10.30pm on Saturday 7th June, fishing over low water.

Having set off early, I first called at Geoff’s to pick my bait up and then trundled up to the Island at a steady 60mph, now whether this made much difference I don’t know? It certainly took me longer than normal! But the diesel gauge still dropped like a stone (20 to the gallon if I’m lucky, I suppose it’s my own fault driving a big lump of metal!!!)
Anyway, I arrived with plenty of time to spare so having seen nobody waiting at the designated meeting place I had a bit of a wander over the headland by the last beach, after a quick look around I decided this would be as good a place to fish as any, with it being a bright sunny day with little or no breeze the fishing was going to be hard. I wondered back over the headland and after a quick drive I arrived back at the car park by the first beach were we were to book in, and since I had gone quite a few people had turned up and were having a chat on the front by the ice cream vans………

Here’s mike blending in with the holiday makers….

Holy Island rover. MIKEWITHICECREAM

As it was getting near to the drive off, the one’s who weren’t too tight to pay the £2 parking fee made our way back to the cars.

Just had enough time to take a picture of Roger who had taken a shine to this tractor…….

Holy Island rover. ROGERTRACTOR

We arrived at the last beach and just managed to find enough space for the three of us to park. After about ten minutes walk we arrived at our chosen mark. Here’s a picture of the view heading down to where I was going to fish……
Holy Island rover. HEADINGDOWNTOMARK

Here’s the rod’s set up and ready to go……
Holy Island rover. RODSSETUP

Due to still sweating buckets after walking from the car and climbing down to the waters edge, this inlet behind me looked very inviting!!!
Holy Island rover. INLETBEHINDME

Any way the match started…. And it wasn’t long before mike had a Ballan wrasse and a dogfish in his bucket, which was a bit annoying as I hadn’t even had a bite! Another 10 minutes passed and just as I was about to pack up and move I had smash and grab on my crab bait fished close in….. This was the result
Holy Island rover. WRASSEAGAIN

After this good wrasse I decided to stick it out, the fishing wasn’t brilliant but I did manage to get three dogs and then another smaller wrasse…..
Holy Island rover. SMALLERWRASSE

Here’s a picture of Roger and Mike fishing further to my left, with my shadow for good measure!!!

Holy Island rover. ROGERMIKESHADOW

The fishing wasn’t brilliant, and with the light fading we decided to pack up early (10pm) as it was getting a bit slippy under foot and wasn’t worth a fall to finish half an hour later and climb up the rocks in the dark. I’m glad it didn’t rain as the climb out behind me wasn’t a big one but it was still quite slippy and only one trip from a cold bath!
Holy Island rover. Image024

Arrived back at the weigh-in to find I had done enough for third place! So happy days! cheers cheers cheers
An enjoyable day out on sunny Anglesey!

Last edited by samfishing on 9th June 2008, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgill
Serial Blanker
wayne mcgill

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty8th June 2008, 8:03 pm

well done sam you did well in them condictions
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty8th June 2008, 8:27 pm

Nice photies Sam.

I was too busy trying to catch a Ballan to get the camera out.

We took a chance on a new mark, that was supposed to give Conger and Huss, but although the water was very deep if you cast out there were none playing! The water at the edge of the rocks was shallow and sandy, as we found when the bow wave from the seacat came in and stirred everything up for five minutes, so we both failed to get an in size Ballan. Terry had a few small ones, but i didnt even get an undersized one. I did pick up a bonus Pollack while wrassing, then dropped into daddys swim to pick up a Corky and a Shore Rockling, both of which he already had.

All in all, very disappointing.

We will go to our usual mark next year!
Back to top Go down
gary

gary

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty8th June 2008, 8:55 pm

Brilliant report there Sam and some great pictures, enjoyed reading it, nice one cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty9th June 2008, 5:49 pm

Bring on the boat match next sun I say! This shore fishing is to much hard work Rolling Eyes Me and the bro fished on the Ranges, i ended up with 3 dogs 1 ballan and 2 p.cod for 5th. It was a bit of struggle to find the balans insize,or anything decent even with fresh macky caught from macky-rock on the way down!! Here's a few piccys from the day.No fishy pics though beacause they were tiddlers Razz
Holy Island rover. 07062008225
Scorchio on the rocks sunny
Holy Island rover. 07062008224
South Stack in the distance
Holy Island rover. 07062008223
Some gnome I spotted on the rocks geek
Holy Island rover. 07062008228
Sunset over South Stack
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty9th June 2008, 9:04 pm

Great pictures Dan!
it was a beautiful day, even if the fishing was poor!
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty10th June 2008, 3:37 pm

It was a good day out but the fishing was'nt great,the weather made up for it though sunny
Back to top Go down
JAWS!

JAWS!

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty13th June 2008, 3:39 pm

Out fished by your little bro yet AGAIN Dan!!!!! U better had pull your finger out 4 Sunday !! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holy Island rover. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Island rover.   Holy Island rover. Empty

Back to top Go down

Holy Island rover.
Page 1 of 1