Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07 Empty
PostSubject: Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07   Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07 Empty13th May 2008, 1:37 am

Only 3 juniors braved the bank holiday traffic, and blustery conditions to fish the first league match of the year, at Deganwy.
We decided to fish near the signal box, as the deeper water here means fish can be caught close in, and to shelter from the cold north westerly blowing up the estuary.
Club legend, Norman turned up to try and get his specimen Flounder, and Terry and i both fished with the same target in mind.

Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07 2006_0506Image0025

Terry was first to catch, with a small Flounder, closely followed by me with a Codling.
The juniors had seen that there were fish around, and enthusiasm was at record levels.
Elliot was the first junior to catch, after a good rattle on his rod tip, he reeled in a Flounder.

Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07 2006_0506Image0027

It was promptly unhooked, measured at 35cms, photographed and released, with the other 2 kids looking on enviously.

Tom was next to catch, we didnt see a bite, and when reeling in he said he thought he had another lump of weed, which had been a pain since the off, but this weed started darting about near the waters edge. He beached it expertly, i knew those practice trips to the Foryd would pay off!

Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07 2006_0506Image0028

Once again, the fish was unhooked and measured. It took the lead at 37cms and this looked to be a new pb so we weighed it as well. It tipped the scales to 01-06-00 Lbs, a new personal best!! Big smiles all round for the photo and the release.

Sara was the only junior left to catch now, her dad, sneaked a small flounder which was a blow, but her efforts were in vain.

The match came to an end at 4pm, and it was time to return to the cars for the prize giving.

A massive thankyou to Ray for donating the first prize of a John Wilson 10 foot spinning rod accompanied by a matching reel. I also included a reel bag. Tom was well pleased!
Second prize was a tackle box and a reel bag for Elliot and third prize was a rig wallet and a reel bag for Sara.

Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07 2006_0506Image0030

I hope all juniors left happy, i know Tom certainly did!
Back to top Go down

Summer match 1. Deganwy. 6/5/07
Page 1 of 1