Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Holyhead Breakwater

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan

Dan

Posts : 372
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 40
Location : Llysfaen

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty17th June 2010, 7:54 pm

Here’s a few a pics from the breakwater today.
I started off on the inside and had a lot of small stuff
Ballans

Holyhead Breakwater 085

Corkwings

Holyhead Breakwater 086

A tompot

Holyhead Breakwater 087

I then moved onto the outside after an hour or 2 and managed to find some nice coalies down the side

Holyhead Breakwater 089

Holyhead Breakwater 093

And a load of Pollack on feathers casting out

Holyhead Breakwater 090

Holyhead Breakwater 096

Holyhead Breakwater 097

All I had on my big rod was a load of poor cod

Holyhead Breakwater 095

Don’t know what the helicopter was doing hovering over the ferry??

Holyhead Breakwater 092
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Posts : 832
Join date : 2008-02-10
Location : Sunny Rhyl

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty18th June 2010, 12:30 am

Nice....

How did you get last minute holidays you Bugger.

See you Saturday.
Back to top Go down
craig

craig

Posts : 64
Join date : 2010-06-03
Age : 43
Location : llandudno

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty18th June 2010, 8:15 pm

some nice fish there mate Smile
Back to top Go down
andy g

andy g

Posts : 44
Join date : 2008-03-11
Age : 46
Location : mostyn

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty1st July 2010, 9:31 pm

nice fish mate i will have to get down there with my lad he loves fishing for the wrasse
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Posts : 832
Join date : 2008-02-10
Location : Sunny Rhyl

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty2nd July 2010, 12:38 am

andy g wrote:
nice fish mate i will have to get down there with my lad he loves fishing for the wrasse

Why not bring him along to the junior matches.

If you fancy it send me a pm a week before and Joker will provide his bait free of charge! cheers
Back to top Go down
benh



Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-12-04

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty2nd July 2010, 2:33 pm

nice one mate good report Very Happy were about on the back of the breaky did you fish Question What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Posts : 372
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 40
Location : Llysfaen

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty5th July 2010, 2:51 pm

benh wrote:
nice one mate good report Very Happy were about on the back of the breaky did you fish Question What a Face

I fished right at the end on the inside for the minis (as far as you can drive) and i had the coalies on the knuckle at the end, about 11 o'clock when you walk up the steps by the tower thing. And i had the pollack on the outside about 2 lots of steps back from the end.
Back to top Go down
benh



Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-12-04

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty5th July 2010, 7:47 pm

Dan wrote:
benh wrote:
nice one mate good report Very Happy were about on the back of the breaky did you fish Question What a Face

I fished right at the end on the inside for the minis (as far as you can drive) and i had the coalies on the knuckle at the end, about 11 o'clock when you walk up the steps by the tower thing. And i had the pollack on the outside about 2 lots of steps back from the end.

cheers for that mate take it you was casting out for them and not dropping it down the wall Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Posts : 372
Join date : 2008-02-11
Age : 40
Location : Llysfaen

Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty5th July 2010, 8:35 pm

benh wrote:
Dan wrote:
benh wrote:
nice one mate good report Very Happy were about on the back of the breaky did you fish Question What a Face

I fished right at the end on the inside for the minis (as far as you can drive) and i had the coalies on the knuckle at the end, about 11 o'clock when you walk up the steps by the tower thing. And i had the pollack on the outside about 2 lots of steps back from the end.

cheers for that mate take it you was casting out for them and not dropping it down the wall Very Happy

The coalies were straight down, when the tide starts to ebb it rips around the end and there's a big back eddy straight down and thats were they were. I had the pollack casting out with feathers on my little spinning rod (good fun!). just let them hit the bottom and start jigging, i didnt even loose any tackle which suprised me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Holyhead Breakwater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holyhead Breakwater   Holyhead Breakwater Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Holyhead Breakwater
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club :: Shore forum-
Jump to: