Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fur and Feather open.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

Fur and Feather open. Empty
PostSubject: Fur and Feather open.   Fur and Feather open. Empty6th December 2009, 5:10 am

66 anglers fished the fur and feather open on North Shore last night.

There were plenty of fish for everyone although most were undersized Whiting and Codling which were descending on the bait before the bigger fish had a chance to find it.

There were at least 6 Thornbacks caught but with a minimum landing size of 5lb in weight, there was only one which was big enough to count in the match.

This along with 3 Whiting and a Rockling were enough to give our very own Norman Dorling the win. cheers cheers cheers
Fur and Feather open. 100_0294
It was also the heaviest fish of the match weighing 6-00-00lbs exactly.

Another club member, Nige Conlon was very unlucky to see the 2 rays he caught both come within half a pound of being big enough but unfortunately neither counted.
Fur and Feather open. 100_0295

Second place went to Richie Hughes of Holyhead with a bag of Whiting and Dogfish and Colwyn Bays Shane Russell was third with a similar catch.

Full results will follow.....

I was a little disappointed with my bag of 4 Whiting but got my fur on the way home, when i hit a Hare on the Abergele Straights at xxxmph. Looks like im cleaning the car when it gets light Embarassed

How did i know it was a Hare??? Because most of it is stuck to my radiator grill No Very Happy

Last edited by Kev on 7th December 2009, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gary

gary

PostSubject: Re: Fur and Feather open.   Fur and Feather open. Empty6th December 2009, 7:32 pm

Well done Norman cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Fur and Feather open.   Fur and Feather open. Empty7th December 2009, 6:21 pm

Well done Norm cheers
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Fur and Feather open.   Fur and Feather open. Empty7th December 2009, 6:43 pm

As promised, here are the full results from the Fur and Feather Open.

The winner, catching a bag of a Thornback Ray, 3 Whiting and a Rockling from C zone was Norman Dorling. Normans total bag weight was 7-06-04lbs. The Ray also took the heaviest fish pool at a weight of 6-00-00.

Second place went to Richie Hughes of Holyhead with a weight of 7-00-04 from A zone, and Colwyn Bays Shane Russell was third with 5-06-04 from C zone.

There were prizes for the top 3 anglers from each zone who didn’t feature in the main prize list. They were,

1st A zone John Jones 4-07-08
2nd A zone Alun Blythin 3-14-00
3rd A zone Ian Brookes 3-10-08

1st B zone G Jones 3-08-08
2nd B zone Phil House 3-04-12
3rd B zone Arwel Davies 2-14-00

1st C zone Simon Drayton 3-13-00
2nd C zone A Hughes 3-12-08
3rd C zone M Emery 3-04-00

The heaviest flatfish pool went to Phil House with a Flounder of 00-10-00. The junior prize was won by Miss A Roberts with 0-14-00 and Heather Lindfield took the ladies prize with 0-07-00.
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: Fur and Feather open.   Fur and Feather open. Empty7th December 2009, 9:43 pm

Well done Norman!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fur and Feather open.   Fur and Feather open. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fur and Feather open.
Page 1 of 1