Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LLandudno north shore

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trishy

LLandudno north shore Empty
PostSubject: LLandudno north shore   LLandudno north shore Empty20th April 2009, 4:35 pm

Hello folks, great site. Can anyone tell me the north shore is fishing? Wando, where were you sunday? You didnt miss much!
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: LLandudno north shore   LLandudno north shore Empty20th April 2009, 11:35 pm

Hi Trishy and welcome to the site.

Although i havent fished it recently, i reckon if you fish at night you can expect plenty of Doggies with some Whiting and Rockling off North Shore at the moment. There is also the chance of a bonus Ray or Huss but they are few and far between.

It will be pretty poor during daylight but there is always a chance of a Plaice or an early schoolie at this time of year.

I would suggest you try and get hold of some crab ( local tackle shops will start getting them regularly now ) and fish the Conwy or the Dee estuary for Flounders with a good chance of an early Bass in the Conwy and Plaice at Mostyn or Greenfield.

Good luck and let us know where you go and how you get on.
Back to top Go down
Trishy

PostSubject: Re: LLandudno north shore   LLandudno north shore Empty21st April 2009, 11:25 am

Its a club match that i'm fishing(sefton sac, liverpool) Thinking of heading to the right of the pool as we usually go to the left. Ive got crab, sandeel and digging some rag friday. Its a length match so will just target the dogs and whiting at distance. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: LLandudno north shore   LLandudno north shore Empty21st April 2009, 4:30 pm

Ideally you need to have a look at low for the exact location, but there is a patch of sand between rocky areas around level with the fourth and fifth house that usually fishes well.

If you arent allowed behind the houses ( 1st house is the limit in our opens down there ) i would try and get as close as possible but there will probably be loads of pleasure anglers down there.

There are a couple of other good spots. One is about 200 yards to the left of the pool, near the next shelter along towards the Pier, and the other is between the wooden jetty and the bandstand well towards the Pier end of the beach.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Trishy

PostSubject: Re: LLandudno north shore   LLandudno north shore Empty23rd April 2009, 9:21 pm

Thanks kev, will take that on board. Will post how i get on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Sefton sea anglers   LLandudno north shore Empty6th May 2009, 1:33 pm

Saturday 25th April

Llandudno

Meet 6pm
Fish 7-12pm

We were greeted with glorious weather and virtually no wind.
With 16 anglers we started on the sand after low water and as expected no fish showed till the light started to fade, with Whiting the predominant species with a few dogs and rockling showing sport was consistent on this venue which can be peggy at times.
All anglers that fished the match caught with
95 sizeable fish caught together with plenty of undersize fish
There was 87 Whiting, 4 dogs, 4 rockling
For a total length of 2437 cms

1st Mark Allanson with 15 fish (2 dogs, 13 whiting) for 432cms
2nd Colin Cooke with 14 fish (13 whiting, 1 rockling) for 336cms
3rd Paul Brough with 11 fish (10 whiting, 1 dog) for 306cms

Longest fish
Dogfish Mark Allanson 62cms
Whiting 29cms Paul Brough and Jon Johnson
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: LLandudno north shore   LLandudno north shore Empty6th May 2009, 3:55 pm

Thanks for the report. Nice to know there are a few fish there. cheers

Our next league match is at North Shore on Saturday night, so hopefully there will be a few more Doggies for us, and with Smoothies and Huss being caught off the Pier, fingers crossed one of these species will make an appearance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LLandudno north shore   LLandudno north shore Empty

Back to top Go down

LLandudno north shore
Page 1 of 1