Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Porth Iago.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty11th July 2008, 11:44 pm

Well, seeing as no-one has posted anything for 5 days, i just thought i would let you all know the forecast is good for Sunday, according to the BBC website. Dry but cloudy and 7mph SSE winds. No sunburn this time i hope. My face has just finished peeling from Llam Carw!

Its the final of the Knockout Cup. Mr Noman Dorling versus my good self, and the second leg of the Trevor Davies Cup, with those who did well at Llam Carw in contention. Im expecting a massive turnout again, and have planned my tactics accordingly, to ensure as many points as possible, and glory in both Cup competitions.

Happy days!!!
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty12th July 2008, 9:00 am

Kev,
By what means is the Trevor Davies cup decided, most points? heaviest overall weight? most species?

Thanks Sam.
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty12th July 2008, 12:05 pm

Ill tell you after 4pm tomorrow lol!
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: My match report   Porth Iago. Empty13th July 2008, 10:09 pm

Another crap turnout of 10 club members fished the match at Porth Iago, which was the fifth leg of the league, and the second and deciding leg of the Trevor Davies Cup. It was also Norm versus me in the final of the Knockout Cup.

Porth Iago. PorthIago

I lost load of rigs, caught very few fish, and spent lots of money for the pleasure.

As we were setting up, a small boat came past with 3 people in it, using handlines to catch Mackeral, which they were doing with no problems. I put on a set of shrimps before the match started, and proceeded to catch an undersized Pollack, but no Mackeral.

I had a bite first cast on the Doggie rod, which turned out to be another undersized Pollack, and I was steadily catching tiny Ballans on the Wrassing rod.

The old man was first to catch a Dog, which he put in a rock pool only to find later, when he went to put it in his bucket that it had escaped and found its way down a gulley back into the sea. lol!

I had the 2 smallest dogs in the world, losing several rigs in the process, and also dropping a few on the way in.

At this point, i went around the front to try and get my 3 Wrasse, but didnt get a bite all the time i was there!

On returning to our chosen spot, the old man had another Wrasse in the bucket, and then proceeded to catch a strap Conger, just to really do my head in Evil or Very Mad

Porth Iago. DadCongerwrasse

I struggled for the rest of the match, only adding a Corkwing to my bucket, to come a very disappointing 8th.

Terry found his 3rd Wrasse, added a Dog, and dropped another bigger Conger on the surface right at the end!

Off the top of my head, Mike Jones won with 3 Ballans, 2 Pollack, 3 Dogs and 3 Corkwings.
Terry was second with 3 Ballans, a Dog and a Conger, and i think Norman was third, before tarting himself up in the carpark, to go to a family party.

Porth Iago. Normgroomin

Norm beat me soundly in the final of the Knockout, and Sam appears to have won the Trevor Davies cup. Well done both of you! What a team!!!

Full results to follow.....

Roll on the Doggie matches, nearer home cheers

I noticed another thing in the parking area. Young and in love, he couldnt wait to text his missus to tell her he loves her, he misses her, and he will be home soon to be her love slave I love you

Porth Iago. Miketextin
Back to top Go down
welshi

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty14th July 2008, 1:07 pm

hi Very Happy i dont have problem with mike being love slave lol! not sure he be to happy tho !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
welshi

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty14th July 2008, 1:13 pm

can you guess who forgot the sun cream yest ?? mike is now the colour of cherry lol! not funny really Cool
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty14th July 2008, 1:28 pm

Im very proud of myself, i kept my hat on and my collar up on my top, so my face and neck are fine.

However, my legs are still burning, as shorts werent a good idea with pastey white legs.

And no, i havent washed the sheep cack off because that would sting........ and i quite like the smell.
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty14th July 2008, 5:28 pm

Kev
Dont know if i got the wrong end of the stick? but after reading your post about Mike being a "love slave" on your post in work today, and also from Welshi's replies........
Shocked Shocked Shocked

But i later caught Mike searching for pvc clothing and whips on the internet on my computer! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sam
Ps,
That will teach him for shouting "sam's looking for a guitar, because he's given up fishing!" in the canteen as he walked out today!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty14th July 2008, 7:25 pm

I can just picture him in a gimp suit. Shocked
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty14th July 2008, 8:56 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty15th July 2008, 11:05 pm

Kev wrote:
I can just picture him in a gimp suit. Shocked

picture it no more! (In no way am i suggesting that he would look like this!).....
Porth Iago. KB8CAN4ZVRQCABTKI9CCAHL3ZAHCA0EGCW4
lol!

Anyway, here's a bit about my day at Porth Iago.....(sorry, no fish pictures!)
After being in a wedding all day saturday, a 6.30am start sunday morning was all i needed! Even though i felt like i needed my head testing when the alarm went off at 5.50am and even though my head didnt feel too good, i still managed to meet mike at macdonalds in Abergele for 7am as arranged. Unfortunately, i didnt feel like facing food just yet so managed to pursuade mike to wait until the macdonalds in Caernarfon before attempting breakfast! Things started going down hill from here on as it was still closed due to a problem with the till's and wouldnt be open untill 7.50am, fortunately we only had to wait for 15 minutes, but on top of this i managed to get talking to somebody who knew my father which meant i lost track of time! This was enough to put us behind schedule, and this didnt help getting stuck behind this....

Porth Iago. Image000

After a while we reached the turning for Nefyn and luckily the tanker carried straight on. While driving over the mountain i managed a picture of a UFO! (look below the cloud!ha! ha!)

Porth Iago. Image005-1

On the way there, there was some beautiful views....

Porth Iago. Image011

By now i had stopped at several junctions and studied the directions, only to decide against my better judgement not to turn right when i should have!!! instead i decided to press on, only admitting we, including mike who was following me, were now lost, as i had just seen a sign post UWCHYMYNYDD!!!

Just then i saw a local walking up the road! and against all principles i stopped and asked for directions! after what seemed like an impossible task of remembering all the directions and arm signals he made, and being pursuaded it wasnt a better plan to turn around we set off down the next road off to the right. By now we were runing late so i telephoned Kev to tell him to set off without us and we would catch up! Now somehow, after managing to remember what i had been told, we arrived and set off over the rocks to start fishing.

For the second match in a row i ended up fishing with "blaster" fishing above me, to my left hand side....

Porth Iago. Image014

The weather, scenery and the sea colour were beautiful!.....

Porth Iago. Image016

[font=Comic Sans Ms]over the next hour i managed to catch a corkwing wrasse and about eight ballan wrasse of which three were just in size. I was now struggling to find any fish......study this next picture!!!....

Porth Iago. Image018

Did the rod move while you were watching it?....NO? i didnt think so, it didnt while i watched it for the next hour or so!

By now kev had started poaching! and had turned up to my right without me noticing! you can also see mike in the distance (centre of the block of three)

Porth Iago. Image017

Time was now moving on so i decided to have a move, after pearing over the edge as i walked back towards the start i kept seeing the tip of a rod sticking out from below so had to keep going! after a while i found a bit of a bay and started fishing from high up, to see if i could do better getting further out but only managed to add another pollack to the one i had just as i was packing up to move from my last spot. Time flew by and by now it was time to pack up and head to the weigh in.... on arrival back at the carpark i saw mike who had a grin from ear to ear which said it all (well done mike, 3 each, of four species is good going, well not including the just under size pollack! if i had had my way they would have disqualified you! only joking!)

After feeling pig sick after only managing 6th place with my 3 ballans 2 pollack and a corkwing, i soon felt better when Terry announced he thought i had done just enough to win the Trevor Davies cup after my win at Amwlch the previous match! which is a first for me, and one of the reasons i got up with a hangover! and on top of this, i'm sure me and Norman have been top team (including a joint one) in all five matches!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.... i must take more pictures of fish next time!

Sam.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty17th July 2008, 7:55 pm

Nice 1 girls,looks like you had a good day out shame the fishing was'nt up to much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Porth Iago. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Porth Iago.   Porth Iago. Empty

Back to top Go down

Porth Iago.
Page 1 of 1