Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry

Terry

Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Empty
PostSubject: Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli   Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Empty10th August 2009, 2:04 pm

13 members made the trip down the Lleyn for this one, with a bit of sunshine and an onshore breeze that meant it wasn`t going to be too difficult to fish.
Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Pwllheli09002
That didn`t mean it was going to be easy to catch fish though! After the first couple of hours the only reports we had of in-size fish were a couple of bream and a corkwing. There were a few bream around, but most were undersize.

This one was 24 cm. Why are they always just 1cm. too short?
Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Pwllheli09005

By the end of the match it turned out that only 5 anglers were weighing in, with John Jones leading the field yet again, 2 dogs, a bream and a flounder for a bag of 1.51 kgs.
Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Pwllheli09011
Dave Mitchell took 2nd place with a dog and a bream for 0.85 kgs. and Gary McLeod 3 rd with 2 bream and a weever for 0.81
Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Pwllheli09009

Norman Dorling took 4th with a flounder of 0.21, and Mike Jones 5th with a corkwing of 0.12.
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli   Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Empty10th August 2009, 7:55 pm

The league table after match 8 can be found here
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgill
Serial Blanker
wayne mcgill

PostSubject: Re: Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli   Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Empty10th August 2009, 8:17 pm

Well done to all who fished Cool . I no this is a sore point with the club but surley the lack of good fish around only makes the argument for the club looking to the future of the club an going catch and release say with size limit of 20cm.Its so easy and would save kev an terry the pain of doing a weigh in at the end and them fish that are just under would count for somethink. Im not trying to ruffle feathers here i would just like to no peoples views on this.The pegging would take 2mins its not as if you would need more than 25pegs,i once offered to do the pegging if people wanted to give it a bash.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli   Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Empty12th August 2009, 7:45 am

wayne mcgill wrote:
Well done to all who fished Cool . I no this is a sore point with the club but surley the lack of good fish around only makes the argument for the club looking to the future of the club an going catch and release say with size limit of 20cm.Its so easy and would save kev an terry the pain of doing a weigh in at the end and them fish that are just under would count for somethink. Im not trying to ruffle feathers here i would just like to no peoples views on this.The pegging would take 2mins its not as if you would need more than 25pegs,i once offered to do the pegging if people wanted to give it a bash.

I think you'd get a fair few more people attending a catch and release match, it would be worth a try for a match or 2 to see how it goes, then if everybody was happy you could change the format. It would be worth a go i would of thought??
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli   Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Empty12th August 2009, 5:04 pm

Heres a couple more photos...

Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Image011-1

Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Image009

Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Image012

Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Image013-3

Its a pity the fishing wasnt better Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli   Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer shore league match 8 Pwllheli
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club :: Shore forum-
Jump to: