Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

garmin fish finder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andy g

andy g

garmin fish finder Empty
PostSubject: garmin fish finder   garmin fish finder Empty28th February 2012, 7:27 pm

i know this might be a long shot but does anyone use a garmin 140,when i turn mine on it powers up but says sonar failure,has anyone got a transducer that will fit to test it or one for sale
cheers andy
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

garmin fish finder Empty
PostSubject: Re: garmin fish finder   garmin fish finder Empty28th February 2012, 8:37 pm

andy g wrote:
i know this might be a long shot but does anyone use a garmin 140,when i turn mine on it powers up but says sonar failure,has anyone got a transducer that will fit to test it or one for sale
cheers andy

It could be a bad connection in the plug at the back of the unit? What type of connecter is it?
Back to top Go down
andy g

andy g

garmin fish finder Empty
PostSubject: Re: garmin fish finder   garmin fish finder Empty3rd March 2012, 5:24 pm

Hi mate it's one with the power cable and transducer cable in the same plug(think its 16 pin) the bottom of the transducer cable was stiff so I cut the outer cable and it was full of salt,but I don't no if it has knackered the head unit or not
Cheers Andy
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

garmin fish finder Empty
PostSubject: Re: garmin fish finder   garmin fish finder Empty5th March 2012, 11:24 am

i have one on the boat you could plug into to try , llansannan area if it helps.
Back to top Go down
andy g

andy g

garmin fish finder Empty
PostSubject: Re: garmin fish finder   garmin fish finder Empty5th March 2012, 1:03 pm

That would be sound mate could you pm your phone number and I will give you a call when I can get there thanks
Thanks Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

garmin fish finder Empty
PostSubject: Re: garmin fish finder   garmin fish finder Empty

Back to top Go down

garmin fish finder
Page 1 of 1