Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bromborough match on Sunday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry

Terry

Bromborough match on Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty24th June 2009, 4:14 pm

If anyone is unsure of how to get to the venue, we`ll meet at the Little Chef on the A41 just on the Birkenhead side of the M53 junction. That`s if it`s still there, I haven`t been down that way for a couple of years!
I`ll plan to get there for about 12-20, and lead the way from there.
Back to top Go down
mark a

mark a

PostSubject: Re: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty26th June 2009, 4:49 pm

the little chef is still there lads but bware of the speed camera just after, dont be fooled by the fact its facing you its a new one 40mph
bromborough should fish well and dont forget right down the wall. have fun.
what time u fishin might pop down???
mark (wando's nemisis)
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty26th June 2009, 5:43 pm

The match is 1.30 until 5.30, walking out at 1pm.

You can fish as a guest if you fancy bringing your rods.
Back to top Go down
tony kendrick

PostSubject: bromborough-match-on-sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty26th June 2009, 7:01 pm

Hi, I'll be at the Little Chef at 12;20 as you suggest but as a new and aspiring sea fisher who won't be in contention can you advise me on what bait to bring so as I'm not completely wasting my time. Cheers Tony
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty26th June 2009, 8:07 pm

Hi Tony.

Target species for Sunday will be mainly Flounder and Eels. Therefore peeler crab will be the top bait. There will be a chance of Plaice or Bass as well, and we see the occasional Sole here too, these can be caught on ragworm.

Standard rigs are 3 hook flappers with size 2 or 4 hooks.

Distance casting is NOT required, and may cause problems due to the tide run, fish can be caught dropping straight down the wall. Grip leads are essential, Norman will be selling them before the match.

We are fishing off a grassy area so no need for wellies or waders unless its raining, i will be in shorts and trainers if the weather permits. There is a bit of a drop to the water but there should be a few of us with ropes to get some water to keep fish in and wash hands etc...( bring a bucket to keep your fish in!)

The beauty with this venue is that everyone will have a chance, there are no hotspots to head for and as long as you have crab, you will have as much chance as the rest of us.

If you want anymore info ask away.

See you on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty27th June 2009, 11:31 am

No fishing for me and Mike! cant get hold of any crab!!! Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty27th June 2009, 11:53 am

Have you tried Rhos point Sam?
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty27th June 2009, 12:41 pm

not got the time to be honest kev, i should have had a back up plan just in case!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bromborough match on Sunday   Bromborough match on Sunday Empty

Back to top Go down

Bromborough match on Sunday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club :: Shore forum-
Jump to: