Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty
PostSubject: Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?   Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty28th August 2008, 11:47 pm

Last years presentation night saw a turnout of 36 people, including friends and family of club members, and a lot of the trophies and cash prizes were left for the section organisers to take home and dish out at matches. Evil or Very Mad

The big question is....

Is it worth the hassle to organise a presentation night for 2009, or will this be another washout, with a lot of anglers not bothering to come and collect their prizes?

Does anyone actually care who isnt on the EC?

If so...

Would using a venue in a more central location, around the Rhyl area ( last years was in Llandudno ) encourage more people to attend? Any suggestions for a venue that can hold 60, will be suitable for an entertainer, and where we arrange our own catering are welcome.

The responses to this post will go a long way to deciding whether we hold a presentation night next year so make your views known.
Back to top Go down
chris g

chris g

PostSubject: Re: Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?   Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty1st September 2008, 6:15 pm

what about the sun centre Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?   Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty1st September 2008, 7:43 pm

Kev,
I know what your saying and im as guilty as others of not turning up last year, over the years i have been to plenty but to be honest the year before last i had to drive to Rhos-on-sea for the presentation night as nobody else wanted to go from our end so it would have cost a fortune to get a taxi by myself, this meant i couldnt drink so had a pretty quiet night even though it was my first time winning the league and fancied a party!!!
Its a pity more people dont go as its a good time to have a good chat to each other over a drink and have good laugh. Wherever you hold it you wont please everyone, but i hope you still put the effort in, as it would be a shame for it to end.

Sam.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?   Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty3rd September 2008, 10:41 am

I dont think it matters to much were we have it Kev because you'll probably have the same amount of people turning up were ever the location is. It'll be a shame if we have to cancel them in the future because of the lack of people attending them. Is the club house a possible venue?? If there's only 30 people attending you could have a small presentation a few beers and a few nibbles??
Back to top Go down
gary

gary

PostSubject: Re: Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?   Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty3rd September 2008, 3:22 pm

The idea of using the clubhouse for the presentation night has been suggested before and it would have some benefits, any money spent would be beneficial to the clubhouse it also has it’s limitations, capacity maybe 40 max that would include the regulars who use the club, no entertainer (that could save the club a few bob) but I think the loss of a suitable venue with wife’s girlfriends friends and family attending would be felt most by the juniors picking up their trophies, the memory of that must live with them for a very long time, personally I don’t think you would recreate that atmosphere in the clubhouse, I cant see many wife’s and girlfriends attending. Idea Clubhouse it is then Dan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?   Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty4th September 2008, 7:40 pm

I would be gutted if we didnt have a presentation night.

Its always a good night, no matter how many people turn up, and i look forward to it and attend every year, whether ive got trophies to pick up or not.

I think it would be a great loss for the club if we didnt have a presentation night, and it would not be the same if we held it in the clubhouse.

It would be nice to think this discussion might spur a few of those who dont usually attend to come and see what they are missing, if we have one next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?   Presentation Night 2009, do we bother? Empty

Back to top Go down

Presentation Night 2009, do we bother?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club :: General Forum-
Jump to: