Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A message from the Chairman!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A message from the Chairman!!! Empty
PostSubject: A message from the Chairman!!!   A message from the Chairman!!! Empty2nd April 2011, 12:15 pm

As all of you will hopefully know Gary Jones has been our Club Secretary since 1997. Gary now feels that it is time for him to step aside and consequently last Thurday nights EC committee meeting was Gary's last in this role. On behalf of the Committee and also all the members of the club I would like to thank Gary for all his hard work over the many years he has served the club and I feel he will be sorely missed. Thank you Gary.

Obviously we now have a need for a new Secretary. At present there is a hardcore of club members who hold the positions on the Committee and I do not feel that they should once again be expected to pick up the slack to ensure the smooth running of the Club. I am hoping therefore that someone out there will be prepared to accept the responsibility of taking up the vacant post of Club Secretary.

There are NO qualifications required only an ability to write and attend Club meetings on a monthly basis. This is your club and if no one is prepared to step forward then the Club is in danger of dying a slow death. WE DO NOT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.

If anyone feels that they would wish to take up the challenge then please make contact with any member of the committee to express your interest.

Following last nights meeting the following dates should be noted:
Thursday MAY 26th Annual General Meeting in Clubhouse Rhos on Sea at 8pm sharp
Friday JUNE 17th Annual Prizegiving at Clubhouse from 8pm onwards - food and entertainment and drink!!!!

Mike Robinson
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

A message from the Chairman!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A message from the Chairman!!!   A message from the Chairman!!! Empty2nd April 2011, 12:24 pm

I would also like to point out that there are several members of the EC who currently carry out several roles due to the fact that nobody else will take on the roles.

It would be nice to see a few new faces on the EC, bringing fresh ideas with them and a willingness to take on a small amount of responsibility in helping with the smooth running of the club and easing the burden on those of us who are carrying the club at the moment.

If not then as Mike says, there will be no club!
Back to top Go down

A message from the Chairman!!!
Page 1 of 1