Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09. Empty
PostSubject: Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09.   Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09. Empty13th September 2009, 10:11 pm

Eleven of us made the trip to Holyhead Breakwater for todays Trevor Davies Cup match with the prize going to the heaviest single fish. Obviously not a popular format for one of our matches!

I decided to stick it out on the inside for a Conger and set Tom up with a Doggie rig hoping there would be a few about in daylight.

All Tom managed were undersized Whiting. I didn’t get a touch on the Conger rod, although I was having a play with some small hooks and bits of rag straight down the wall and managed to find loads of small Pollack and Corkwings, but nothing to get excited about.

Terry fished the outside wall, and after an undersized Pollack, he managed one of 43cms to put himself into the lead.

With reports of very few fish anywhere on the Breakwater, we hoped it would pick up in the last hour as the sun got lower.

Unfortunately not! Rolling Eyes

At the weigh in, only four of the anglers had brought fish to be weighed. Embarassed

Terry Jones won the Cup with his Pollack of 0.83kgs. cheers
Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09. 100_0190

Dave Lunt was second with a Ballan Wrasse of 0.53kgs
Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09. 100_0189

Norman Dorling took third spot with a Corkwing Wrasse, and Janet was last of the weighers, also with a Corkwing.

Reports were disappointing from the pleasure anglers fishing too. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09.   Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09. Empty14th September 2009, 3:43 pm

Looks like I never missed much! Well done Terry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Terry

Terry

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09.   Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09. Empty15th September 2009, 12:34 pm

Cheers Dan, see what happens when you stick it out on the outside.
Bluey fillet on a 4/0 on 50lb snood, it`s the only way to fish for pollack Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09.   Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09. Empty

Back to top Go down

Trevor Davies Cup. HHBW. 13/9/09.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club :: Shore forum-
Jump to: