Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. Empty
PostSubject: winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.   winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. Empty8th March 2009, 11:57 pm

17 anglers braved blustery winds and squally showers to fish the final leg of Colwyn Bay Victoria sea angling clubs Winter shore league at Conwy Morfa earlier today.

winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. 100_0008

The pressure was on as i was top of the league going into this match, tied on points with Mitch but with 80 grammes more than him over the previous 4 matches.

We walked off from the carpark, but me and Mitch ended up running to get the spot next to the pontoon. He beat me but my story is i let him because i didnt want to fish too close to the pontoon, and im sticking to it! Embarassed

Things were pretty quiet for the first hour and a half, with just a couple of Rockling being caught. Terry had winkled one out, which put extra pressure on me as if i weighed in, we would top the team competition as well.

My lucky charm arrived an hour and a half in. cheers Colin made an appearance to see how we were doing. As we talked, i had a good knock, which i left to develop. The fish registered its presence again, and i brought in the most welcome of little slugs. I couldnt resist a little HAVE IT! In Mitches direction. Embarassed

( Colin was also having a walk past my rod at Penmaenmawr last winter when i pulled out the biggest Rockling ive ever seen at 00-07-12!!! And as part of a double header! Hurry up and get back fishing Col, i need you!)

It wasnt long before Mitch caught up with a slug of his own. It had a fat little belly on it, and we were both sure it was bigger than mine. The pendulum had swung, squeaky bum time. Rolling Eyes

Low water passed and the tide started flooding and there was a brief flurry of activity. The ever popular Mr Illman pulled in a double header, then i had another nibble. Once again i gave it a minute or 2 and eventually reeled in a nice fat specimen slug to put the pressure back on Mitch. Laughing

The flood got stronger and Terry managed a double header of slugs, including the biggest of the day, then it all went quiet. A mini twister was the only other excitment as it took out brolley and Mark Hills rodrest into the air before depositing them a few yards down the beach! An amazing sight. affraid

Things remained the same until the end of the match, leaving me the Winter league champion 2009. cheers

The match winner was Sue Price, who managed to weigh a Rockling in at all 5 matches of the league, with her bag of 5 Rockling for 0.54 kgs. cheers

Sue is on the right,

winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. 100_0010

Terry was second with his 3 Rockling for .32 kgs including the heaviest fish of the match at .21 kgs. I managed third with my 2 for .29 kgs and John Jones was fourth with 4 little ones for .25 kgs. Dave Lunt ( centre in the above photy )was fifth with 2 for .24 kgs and Alan Illman was 6th with 2 for .22 kgs.

Terrys and my fish,
winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. 100_0009

By my reckonings the leagues top end is as follows.

1. Kev Jones 166 points 4.68 kgs
2. Dave Mitchell 160 points 4.44 kgs
3. Terry Jones 148 points 5.68 kgs
4. Alan Illman 147 points 2.47 kgs

The full final league table will be published in the next couple of days.

Dont forget, Summer League meeting at the club house on Friday 13th March, starting at 8.30pm. Come along and have your say on where we fish over the next 9 months. Any rule changes can be proposed and voted upon as well.
Back to top Go down
gary

gary

PostSubject: Re: winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.   winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. Empty9th March 2009, 7:21 pm

Congratulations Sue on winning the match, bit of an expert on the rockling. Good report again Kev, enjoyed the read and for some reason the picture quality has improved dramatically Question winter league champion and winning the pair's well done Kev & Terry and a big thanks for running the league cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
wayne mcgill
Serial Blanker
wayne mcgill

PostSubject: Re: winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.   winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. Empty9th March 2009, 10:29 pm

Lovely clear pics Laughing .Well done to every one an wel done kev. I loved that "the every popular mr illman" lol! lol! the self aclaimed world fishing champion
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.   winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. Empty9th March 2009, 11:10 pm

Well done Kev!
A cracking report to read
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.   winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. Empty11th March 2009, 7:17 am

The final league table is now available by clicking here cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.   winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09. Empty

Back to top Go down

winter match 5. Conwy Morfa. 08/03/09.
Page 1 of 1