Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

im new,and need any info to help me cheers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dave h

im new,and need any info to help me cheers Empty
PostSubject: im new,and need any info to help me cheers   im new,and need any info to help me cheers Empty18th May 2014, 7:56 pm

high my name is dave and ive just joined the angling club last mth.i have a small boat and I am going to start boat fishing.my sons and me have been shore fishing from penn and rhyl,caught at penn but not at ryhl at the mouth of the harbour,we don't think we will fish boat matches this yr,we are based on the Wirral at eastham,but have a holiday caravan in toywn,i am a long standing and committee member of colywn jetski club and used to fish off the back of it at the back of the lighthouse,but I am going for a bit more of a stable unit,bit scary sat backwards on a ski! we are only looking to stay inshore with the boat until we get abit more experienced,would be gratefull for any tips on baits and where to fish,will be launching from colwyn bay slip.any info would be great thanks
dave
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: im new,and need any info to help me cheers   im new,and need any info to help me cheers Empty21st May 2014, 10:49 pm

Hi Dave, if you want to stay inshore try the rough ground close in round tan lan headland for bass, you'll need crab for bait, also the river mouth at llandulas is a good spot for bass and smoothies,crab again. same around the the l.orme. You'll get dabs whiting, dogs, and gurnards out from the the slip in the bay, but the better fishing tends to be further out towards the wind mills. You can try the great orme for tope about a mile out in the tide run, you should also get fresh macky there aswell.
You'll have to join us on one the matches we can then show you were to go etc. Give me a ring if you need any info.
Back to top Go down
dave h

PostSubject: Re: im new,and need any info to help me cheers   im new,and need any info to help me cheers Empty24th May 2014, 7:49 pm

thanks dan I will ring you for info,as when you mention slip in the bay,is that straight out from colwyn slip,do you get any fish around the wreck out from ross harbour? is it all peeler crab then no lugs or feathers?are they fished on the bottom? told you im a total novice at this cheers
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: im new,and need any info to help me cheers   im new,and need any info to help me cheers Empty31st May 2014, 3:45 pm

dave h wrote:
thanks dan I will ring you for info,as when you mention slip in the bay,is that straight out from colwyn slip,do you get any fish around the wreck out from ross harbour? is it all peeler crab then no lugs or feathers?are they fished on the bottom? told you im a total novice at this cheers

Yes colwyn bay slip, it's all crab on the rough ground, lug will work on sandbanks and clean ground etc, feathers for the macky, and baited feathers for gurnards and whiting.
P.s be careful launching at colwyn bay slip, the sands soft in places, especially around the low water mark.
Back to top Go down
dave h

PostSubject: Re: im new,and need any info to help me cheers   im new,and need any info to help me cheers Empty12th June 2014, 7:51 pm

so where do the other boats launch from dan,im used to the beach at colywn as I use it with the ski,its got a lot of stones at the bottom at the moment.they say thay going to clear this but haven't yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im new,and need any info to help me cheers   im new,and need any info to help me cheers Empty

Back to top Go down

im new,and need any info to help me cheers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club :: General Forum-
Jump to: