Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flares? whats needed?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
samfishing

samfishing

Flares? whats needed? Empty
PostSubject: Flares? whats needed?   Flares? whats needed? Empty26th March 2011, 4:51 pm

Afternoon all,
Could somebody tell me where's the cheapest / best place to buy flares? Roger seems to think we need two white and two red to comply with the registering / launching of the boat from council slipways. Also could somebody also tell me how much it is to launch in Rhos on sea / colwyn bay as we are looking to give it a short test drive!

Thanks for your time Sam.
Back to top Go down
gary

gary

PostSubject: Re: Flares? whats needed?   Flares? whats needed? Empty26th March 2011, 7:34 pm

Inshore pack of flares Sam, cant remember how many in the pack, as to the best place to buy them maybe Dan could help with that, i haven't bought any for donkeys years.
As to launching at the Bay, i don't think the slipway is manned until after easter but somebody could prove me wrong there, but you do know about the launching permit dont you? you will need your insurance document and your membership card and get down to the harbour masters office at Conwy, sorry i couldn't be more helpfull Sam, good luck with the trial.

Tight Lines

Gary
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: Flares? whats needed?   Flares? whats needed? Empty26th March 2011, 9:04 pm

Hi Gary, advice greatly appreciated once again!
Does it still cover us for Anglesey if we register at conway, or will we have to register at Llangefni as well? (sorry to be pain!) and lastly (hopefully) what is the "data tag" they say must be clearly visible in bold lettering on both sides of the boat?

Sam.
Back to top Go down
gary

gary

PostSubject: Re: Flares? whats needed?   Flares? whats needed? Empty27th March 2011, 10:12 am

Hi Sam
The registration does cover you for Anglesey, Conwy and Gwynedd, not to sure about Flintshire but when you register at Conwy they will put you right, the concession the club has is for launching within the county of Conwy that is the pier slipway at C/Bay and the beacons slipway at Conwy, our concession used to include registration but sadly this does not now apply.
Data tag? this is a new one on me Sam but i can only guess that it will be the stickers that you will be issued to you when you apply for your Conwy launching pass, it will be for the benefit of slipway inspector, other than that when you register you would be issued with stickers to let the slipway inspector know that your boat is registered with them.

Get's complicated doesn't it.

Tightlines

Gary

PS
The registration for the North Wales boat registration scheme is chargable.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Flares? whats needed?   Flares? whats needed? Empty28th March 2011, 3:25 pm

e-bay might be worth a look for an inshore flare pack Sam. Or here's a link http://www.baysidemarine.co.uk/product/Ikaros_Inshore_Flare_Pack_FLARES-0810

Try google and have look if there cheaper anywhere
Iv'e not had to buy any yet because i got given a pack off my next door neighbour. Think the expiry date is the end of the year so i'll have to buy a new pack then.
Back to top Go down
samfishing

samfishing

PostSubject: Re: Flares? whats needed?   Flares? whats needed? Empty28th March 2011, 7:09 pm

Thanks lads... looks like its time to put my hand in my pocket again!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flares? whats needed?   Flares? whats needed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Flares? whats needed?
Page 1 of 1