Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry

Terry

Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore Empty
PostSubject: Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore   Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore Empty31st January 2010, 9:06 pm

The second match of the winter league took place last night at Llandudno North Shore, 16 anglers took part on a cold evening with some pretty horrible showers of hail and snow.
Everyone had a few fish, whiting and codling mostly, but with very few in-size, there was even a little bass caught by Mike Peters, not many of those around in January!
At the weigh-in only six people had fish in size, with Allan Illman taking first place with a bag of 3 dabs and a whiting for 0.84 kgs. One of his dabs also took the heaviest fish prize at 0.30 kgs. ( 0-10-08 lbs.) 2nd was Mark Patterson with a whiting and a dab for 0.43, and 3rd, his team mate Dave Elmer with 3 rockling for 0.25, the last of the cash went to Dave Lunt in 4th with a whiting of 0.18. the other two weighers were Peter Price with a specimen rockling of 0.16, and new member Dave Jones, on his debut match, with a rockling of 0.09.
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore   Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore Empty1st February 2010, 8:07 pm

We decided to fish near the bandstand as there are usually some good bags from this end in the opens and there is some nice stoney ground that we thought might hold a slug or 2.

There were plenty of empty mermaids purses washed up after the rough weather of the couple of days prior. This is from a Thornie.
Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore 100_0354

There were some still in the water too as i found when i reeled in my first chuck. This one being from a Dog.
Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore 100_0356

There were plenty of undersized fish, with Whiting and Codling coming in. Nowhere near their size limits though.

Of the 8 of us fishing this end, only Pete had found an insize fish as high came and went. Dave found a better Whiting amongst the small stuff which gave us renewed confidence for the last stretch, but no more sizeable fish were caught.

Mike had noticed a bite on his rod and was hoping it was a slug. I thought it was a small Whiting by the way the rod was trembling so we were both suprised when this little beauty came in.
Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore 100_0357

Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore 100_0358

His fifth species of the year to take him joint top in the hunt.

So it ended in a blank, not a good night especially with the inclement weather. Looking back, this is my first blank since Deganwy in 2008. I hope its as long until my next one.

The Bucanneers ( a scouse club ) had a match on the Pier and they all did crap too so we will have to make sure we dont come here again in the Winter league.

Hopefully Flint will be better but im not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
Kev

Kev

PostSubject: Re: Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore   Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore Empty3rd February 2010, 10:33 am

League table is here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore   Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter shore league match 2 - North Shore
Page 1 of 1