Colwyn Bay Victoria Sea Angling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea Angling in North Wales

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fur & Feather Open report.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kev

Kev

Fur & Feather Open report. Empty
PostSubject: Fur & Feather Open report.   Fur & Feather Open report. Empty8th December 2021, 5:45 am

Last night saw the annual Xmas fur and feather open, which was planned for north shore. When I arrived there I was greeted with 60mph winds and mountainous seas. So I had to make a split second decision to cancel it or to move the match to somewhere that was a lot safer for the anglers taking part. So as a lot of the anglers were already travelling I decided to move it to Rhos on sea promenade for a little shelter and safety of anglers which is paramount to me. With 70 anglers booked in we walked from Rhos slip to near Porth Eirias, in torrential rain and gale force winds putting the pegs out, it wasn't pleasant. It turned out to be a really really tough nights fishing for the anglers taking part.

1st on the night was England International Bill Lindfield who managed to find 4 fish for a total of 1.04m, 2nd went to Dave Evans, his 1st match for a few years, so well done to Dave who had 3 fish for 0.84m, 3rd went to Holyhead's Dave Cave who managed to also find 3 fish for 0.76m,
4th place was shared between local superstars Alan Price and Shane Russell who both had 2 fish for 0.56m.

Longest fish of the match went to Dave Evans who had a whiting of 33cm.

1st in the ladies went to Tanya Denny, 2nd went to Heather Lindfield and 3rd place went to Caroline Aylett.
Juniors 1st place went to Archie Williams, 2nd place went to Morgan Owen, 3rd place went to Sam Collins.
Zones prizes,
A zone 1st Steven Bonner, 2nd Jimmy Price.
B zone 1st Tom James, 2nd Ben Price.
C zone 1st Alan Harrison, 2nd Fôn Owen

Well done to all the winners on a tough night, thank you all for supporting Colwyn Bay club.

Also thanks to my 2 partners in crime Ian Williams and Mark Smith for the help running up to the match and on the day. Cheers guys.

Darren Jones
Match Co Ordinator
Back to top Go down

Fur & Feather Open report.
Page 1 of 1